Monday, February 29, 2016

2,059 miles:















It has officially happened, we have officially left Luke AFB and made our way to McEntire!
C got an assignment as an active duty member of the guard unit here, the Swamp Foxes.

The drive was mostly uneventful, we drove through a crazy sandstorm, you can see it off in the distance here, it was like Mad Max.

That first day we drove from Phoenix to Amarillo!

The second day was the best day of the drive, we got to stop in OKC and hit up our favorite restaurant Cattlemen's. If you ever find yourself near the stockyards, definitely check it out.
I always get the Double Deuce (if they are not out for the day) the small filet and we share a side of mushrooms (the mushrooms are an absolute must). When they ask you what dressing to get on the salad: House. Don't question me.




The rolls are best saved to sop up the steak and mushroom juices.

moose got steak sauce fries!

We stopped in Little Rock (where I was born, and therefore usually answer with when asked where I am from). We stayed with my Aunt and Uncle, in the house that my mom lived in when I was born. I was so excited to show C the closest thing to a hometown that I have. He got to try chocolate gravy for the first time! (seriously, it's the best) My uncle also fried up some fresh catfish and hushpuppies for us!



The third night we made it to Atlanta, and only had four hours left to drive the next day, so we decided to grab a beer and relax. We were WAY too excited about finding some yuengling!

Finally, the next day we made it to Columbia, safe and sound.




No comments:

Post a Comment