Thursday, December 3, 2015

Colorado Part 2:

Alright! Here is part two of our Colorado trip! I may have gotten a little picture happy, but if you know me, that is no surprise. (this is not even close to all of them) 

Saturday C and I wanted to do the Incline in Manitou Springs. Several inches of snow was NOT going to stop us! This was my first time doing the Incline, but not C's. We did about half of it, which I am really happy with. If I end up back in the Springs for the next year and a half, I will be making a habit of doing the whole thing. 
Now, C started of with something that should have been indicative of how the descent would go... Falling. Falling like the ground was a slide. 
This is the very bottom. You can see we where not the first to go up this morning, and I am seriously inspired by all of the people we came across..including a super nice guy from California, who was also out doing it for the first time, we had a nice chat with him. (I later came across him in the incline hashtag on instagram and am happy to report that he made it to the top!)

That is honestly one of my favorite things about hiking in CO, we always meet someone, and every one is always so nice.




We aren't quite used to this white fluffy stuff anymore.



Worth the view!




This is where things get hairy. We forgot the pair of yak traks in my parents garage... and while my shoes (trail running shoes, thanks MIL) did super well, my husband's did not... he might as well have sat on his butt and slid the whole way down, at least it would have been on purpose that time.



We celebrated a job half done by going to my favorite bar in Palmer Lake. They have THE best wings, and you can even grill your own steak there. I have been going there since shortly after High School.


The wings. Yum!

This is a sticker from the 309th Fighter Squadron, the squadron right across the street from C's squadron at Luke. We got a kick out of seeing it at a place I have spent so much time at for so many years!
Next time we will take a Top Hats sticker (DTK!)


No comments:

Post a Comment