Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Colorado Part 1:

Since we are stuck in AZ waiting for a reassignment, we had the opportunity to go back to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. I am super happy about that, I've really needed my family over the past two months. 
They live in Colorado Springs, which is where I graduated high-school, and eventually where I met C. 

This is Maximus (yeah, Gladiator) Max for short. He is such a sweetie, we got him when I was in high-school. He is one of my favorite hiking buddies. 
This was not the coldest it got, when we checked, the lowest we saw was 12 degrees, but we did appreciate the fact that this was 100 degrees colder than some of the hottest days we have in PHX. 
Obviously this is our Thanksgiving dinner. My Dad brined the turkey with brown sugar, smoked it for several hours, and then finished in the oven to retain the moisture in the meat. Seriously, My Dad has smoked a turkey for so long, it gets better every year. C had his first smoked turkey with us, and it's his favorite now. When he and I have Thanksgiving that is what we fix for ourselves. 
We missed the snow, obviously. 
We went to our FAVORITE pizza place ever Beau Jo's, where they have C's favorite beer, and a great snapchat filter (JNMainsqueeze).
Honey Cheese Bread, stay tuned, we are going to try and replicate it, 
This is a Canadian Bacon, Roma Tomato, Artichoke Heart and Smoked Gouda pizza. 
Mountain style pizza means honey on the crust!
Moose was in heaven the whole trip with Pop-pop loving on him!'
The next post will cover our ascent and decsent on the incline and O'Malleys. 

Hope y'all had a great thanksgiving! 










No comments:

Post a Comment